Sunday, December 21, 2008

Linzer Cookies Go Gluten Free


This is a cookie that my mom would make just for Christmas so when I came across a recipe for it made gluten free I was excited. There are no nuts in this recipe which is OK with me since I am not a "nut in things" person. They turned out well. I used a donut cutter I got on eBay to cut the dough. But it is also on Amazon.com .

Raspberry Linzer Cookies


1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 oz Philadelphia cream cheese (softened)
2 cups Beth's All Purpose Flour (From Gluten Free Pantry)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel (I used Penzey's)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
Raspberry Fruit Spread

In a heavy mixer beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
Whisk together flour mix, sugar, baking powder, and lemon peel. Beat 1 cup of flour mixture into the butter mixture.
Add egg, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat in remaining 1 cup of flour mixture.
Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough in half. On a well floured (rice flour) surface, roll out half the dough to a 1/4 inch thick or less.
Using a 2" cutter cut dough into circles. Cut as many as the dough will allow and bake for 10 mins or until the sides are lightly brown.
Place the center cutter in the circle and roll out the remaining dough and cut "lids" for your cookies and bake them as you did with the bottoms.
When cool, spread on the fruit spread and place a top on them. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments: