Friday, December 19, 2008

Cheesy Crackers


I thought this recipe looked interesting. Since I was house bound today I decided to try it. I used the center out of my donut cutter and a small star cookie cutter from my grandfathers collection of cutters I inherited. Next time I make these I am going to use Parmesan cheese with rosemary seasoning.

Cheesy Crackers

3/4 c white rice flour
1/4 c tapioca starch or corn starch
3/4 t celtic salt
1/4 t xanthan gum
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t chili powder
4 T cold butter, cut into cubes
8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, salt, xanthan gum, paprika, and chili powder, and cheese. If the dough holds together a little, dump into a bowl and knead with your hands until it holds together. If its too sticky, add a little flour, if too dry, add water a tablespoon at a time until it feels like it won't be all sticky when you roll it out. Once the dough is all kneaded, split it in half and wrap each piece in plastic wrap. Stick in the fridge for at least half an hour. Once it's chilled, roll out between two pieces of floured wax paper. Cut into squares or any shape you desire, and bake 15-20 minutes until browned and slightly crispy.

No comments: