Friday, December 19, 2008

Feeling Blue? How about a Blueberry Muffin?


We are home from school today with the snow so I am baking Christmas Cookies. I wanted to make something that I could eat as well. So I pulled out a recipe I have for Blueberry Muffins made with Almond Meal. They turned out so good!! They are a blueish color because you dump the cooked juice in with the batter. This one is a keeper!

Blueberry Muffins

2 Cups Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
½ Cup water
2 ½ Cups Almond Flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup honey (I substituted Stevia - 1/4 C)
3 eggs

1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with large baking cups.

2. In a small saucepan, simmer the blueberries with the water until the berries release the juice and the mixture has thickened slightly. Let cool.

3. Combine the almond flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.

4. Combine the blueberries, vanilla, honey and eggs in another bowl.

5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.

6. Evenly fill each baking cup with the batter.

7. Bake for 23 – 30 minutes.

No comments: