Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Almond Cheese Bread


Almond Cheese "Bread"

This is a recipe that is from the specific carbohydrate diet. It is low carb and grain free. I love this! I haven't made them in a while. I could have put it in a bread pan but I decided to use my little bowls so that I could put the lids on and store them in the refrigerator.

Preheat oven to 325:

3 cups almond flour


leavening is:
1/2tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda


Add your own spices - I use Italian, Rosemary, Basil, Thyme, Cilantro, Cumin - whatever the taste I am going for.

1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp cilantro dried
2-3 pressed garlic cloves or minced


1/2 cup freshly grated raw Parmesan cheese (or other hard cheese like cheddar)
3 eggs
1 cup yogurt

Line baking sheet with parchment paper or oil well with coconut oil. You can place dollops of dough on a cookie sheet to make biscuits.


Bake about 15-20 minutes, they are done when they spring back in middle: do not judge how don it is by color: do not overcook!

Here is what the dough looks like. I get my almond meal from
Country Life Natural Foods. They will ship via UPS to anywhere. Look under the "Nuts" section to find the ground almond meal. It is $18 for 5 lbs.










No comments: