Saturday, December 6, 2008

I HAVE BUNS ..... Hamburger Buns that is......


Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread - makes Hamburger Buns

I am so excited. This is one of the last items on my list to figure out how to make. We loved the GF Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread mix for bread so I decided to try it on making hamburger buns. The issue was how to make them round and the right size. So I scoured the internet looking for an option and then I came upon English Muffin rings. BINGO!

I ordered 8 rings and made one bread recipe's worth of dough. I greased my cookie sheet and the inside of the rings with coconut oil and filled them 1/2 way with dough. I then let them rise for about 30 mins until they reached about the top of the rings. Then popped them in the oven for 25 mins at 375 degrees.




These are the rings that I purchased. You can get 4
muffin rings for $3.99 per set from the Kitchen Store plus shipping.



Here are my beautiful hamburger buns.





Here is a side view. You would swear these were gluten buns!



I had a little dough left over so I decided to make some mini muffins with them so that we have some small biscuits when we eat soup this week. They turned out great. I baked them at 375 as well but only for 15-20 mins.



Bring on the comfort food. To your health Naturally (and gluten free) :o)
Stephanie

No comments: