Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gluten Free Banana Bread



I had a few soft banana's on my counter today. Normally I would make banana bread but now that we are gluten free I hesitated. But then I started to dig and found the following recipe and made it. I was waiting for my regular bread to bake and I think my chocolate chips sank to the bottom of the batter. You can see them in the picture. Oh well it still tastes good. It took longer to bake than I thought it would and when it came out we couldn't wait to dig in. So the chocolate was still gooey.



Gluten Free Banana Bread


2 ripe banana's
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil (or any other vegetable oil)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup corn starch
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp guar gum
1/4 tsp baking soda.
1 tsp ground coriander (optional)
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
In a large bowl mix all wet ingredients, sugar and egg.
Add potato starch, cornstarch, baking powder, guar gum, baking soda, salt and coriander.

Batter will be thin. Pour into a greased 9x4 loaf pan.

Bake for 50-60 mins or until the toothpick comes out clean.





1 comment:

Ali Segersten said...

Bread looks good, are those chocolate chips? I make gf banana bread in a 4-mini loaf stone pan by Pampered Chef - and it always turns out great! Happy Baking! -Ali (www.glutenfreewholefoods.blogspot.com)