Friday, November 21, 2008

Chebe Cheese Rolls


I decided to take the advice of a friend of mine who's family has been gluten free for quite a few years. She recommended Chebe brand for rolls and bread sticks. I bought a couple of bags when they were on sale at Meijer's. They were 2 / $6 so not too bad for gluten free. I decided to bake a few up tonight. the mix is easy. Just pour the package into a bowl and add 2 Tbs oil (I used coconut oil, 2 eggs and then you can be done but they suggest you can add 1 cup of shredded cheese and 1/3 cup of water until they were the right consistency.


I used my new bun pan that I got on eBay from a European seller. The package told me not to grease the pan and make little balls. That didn't work well. They stuck and stayed like little bon bons. The next two I made are pictured. I sprayed the pan and made the dough fit the holes and pushed it down to form a "roll" shape. They turned out great. Hint - They do not spread out but stay the way they are formed.


They are a little "chewy" in texture but they tasted great with melted butter. I have a package for Italian herb to make bread sticks. That will be next.

No comments: