I don't know what I was thinking. I have to make the kids lunches and I had nothing to put in them. My son left his lunch box at school so "ice packed" items were out of the question. So I decided to try a new recipe for some GF bread. I think this loaf cost about $3.50 to make. A far cry from the almost $6 my other options are. Some are even more! This was so easy too.
Easy Gluten Free Sandwich Bread
2 1/2 cups Organic Brown Rice Flour
2/3 cup non-GMO cornstarch
1 Tablespoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon Celtic Sea salt
1 1/2 cups milk (warm not hot)
1 packet active dry yeast
2 Tablespoons Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (or vegetable oil)
2 large free range eggs
1. In a small bowl, combine milk and yeast.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a mixer bowl and wisk through to mix together.
3. Add yeast mixture, coconut oil and eggs.
4. Using an electric mixer, mix dough for 2 mins on medium.
5. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter.
6. Spread batter evenly into the pan.
7. Cover pan with greased saran wrap.
8. Allow dough to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
10. Bake dough for 50 minutes.
11. Remove bread from oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
12. Ater five minutes, turn bread out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes one 9x5 loaf
**Note: You will see in my photo there are blocks of butter on the dough. I did this to add flavor. I cut a small slit in the risen dough and plopped them on top. Yummy!