Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's a Birthday Party with Cupcakes

My son got invited to a birthday part on Monday. "Oh no", I thought. Here we go! I haven't even gotten a chance to get into this diet and I already have to deal with glutenous cakes. So I called the mom and explained the situation and told her I would send a cupcake to the party with him.


I have not made a cupcake that my kids have liked that is gluten free. I like them but my palate is more tolerant of textures and flavors than theirs are. They love Bob's Red Mill GF Brownies so when I saw that they made a chocolate cake mix I was excited. Then I found sprinkles that were gluten free as well. Yippee!!


Here's what I used:


For the frosting I was stuck. I didn't want to buy the store stuff with the hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. So a friend of mine told me how she makes it. I used a stick of butter, powdered sugar and raw milk. I made some frosting chocolate with organic cocoa powder. This is the result:


The best part. MY KIDS LOVED THEM!! They commented "At least we know that we can have cake now". Whew! Another crisis solved.

To your health!

Stephanie

1 comment:

Arizona mom to eight said...

Hubby made me GF carrot cake for my birthday. I think we need to add pineapple to make it more moist, but it was very good.