Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gluten Free Day 1

Friday we took our son in for blood tests for Celiac. Saturday I went through my house and cleaned out every product that had gluten in it. They are packed up in 3 grocery bags to take to my friend who has three kids.

There have been a few tears today as they realized what was being eliminated. But it will be fine. I have gotten pretty good at baking the "replacements". The mainstay being chocolate chip cookies. I picked up some kinnikinnick brand K-Too's so they will think they are getting Oreo's.

It was a calm day in our house. No screaming, fighting or running around. Is this a fluke or related? It normally takes 2 weeks to "detox" them from the overload. It dawned on me that this is the first day since they were very small babies that they have been totally without gluten. There is something wrong with that. Cleaning out my cupboards made me realize just how much they were getting.

Onward to a new adventure.

No comments: