Friday, May 15, 2009

Pamela's Gluten Free Waffles


Pamela's Gluten Free Waffles

I have been struggling with making waffles ever since my waffle iron died. I received the iron in 1987 and it had long since passed its prime. I bought a VillaWare waffle iron / griddle with an adjustable control and removable plates to replace it. It was the grand daddy of waffle irons. Deep pocket waffles. But, the gluten free batters I had did not work well in this waffle iron. I fed my trash can and the birds more than my family. So yesterday, armed with a 30% off coupon for Kohl's I ventured into the appliance section. I found a Cuisinart Waffle maker for $39.99 on sale for $33.99 and then with my coupon it was $23.80. I took it home and hoped this would work well. It has an adjustable temperature control. This morning I pulled out my Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix and proceeded to mix up some batter:

2 Cups Pamela's Mix
1 Cup + 3 Tbs Milk
3 Eggs

As you can see they turned out beautifully. The light on the maker lights up green when it is heated and ready for batter and then goes to red when you put batter in. It returns to green when the waffle is cooked. It was easy to remove from the plates and made a wonderfully moist and slightly crispy waffle. My children were pleased and they are my ultimate critics.

This is the unit I bought. Model # WMR-CA.



This is the mix I use. I buy it 3 bags at a time from Amazon.com. Do the Subscribe and Save and it is $34 with free shipping.


To your health ..... Gluten free!
Stephanie

4 comments:

Kim In Texas said...

Yummy! I love waffles. I've been having problems finding a good GF one. I'm going to have to try them. I really like Pamela's bread mix.

Thanks for giving your review.

Emma said...

Those look GOOD!!!

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

That is one awesome looking waffle maker! I'm in need of a new one, and that is exactly the kind I'd like to get. Enjoy!

Bobbi O said...

Hi
I cannot use the pancake mix since it has almonds in it ( yes I am allergic to almonds , unheard of but that's me) anyway do you think if I use the Pamela's bread mix I may get good results for waffels? My gluten free daughter brought home a waffle maker when she opened her first checking acct.
Thanks
Bobbi
Upstate NY