Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eet Smakelijk - Gluten Free Banana Bread




You are probably wondering what I am doing. Eet Smakelijk is Dutch for Eat Heartily or Well. It is also the name of a cookbook with fabulous Dutch recipes. It is a staple item to be received by every new bride to be. I got mine back in 1985. Yikes! I have always loved the banana bread in this cookbook. I think it is the most used recipe since the book opens to it automatically. But since going gluten free we have had to give it up. Today I pulled it out again and decided to use my new flour combo. I just asked my daughter if she thought it was good and she said "I was thinking I would like another slice". The seal of approval from a 6 1/2 year old is a pretty good review.



Eet Smakelijk - Gluten Free Banana Bread
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
4 bananas, mashed
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Greas 2 8x4x2 loaf pans (or one large and 2 small pans). Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and bananas. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add sifted ingredients, mixing well. Mix in vanilla. Pour into pans and bake for 60 to 75 mins. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.

Slice and enjoy!
To your health - naturally!
Stephanie






No comments: