Monday, April 27, 2009

Blueberry Coconut Muffins


I am doing a detox that requires me to be off sugars and grains. So I am on the hunt for something to replace my occasional muffin with my coffee in the morning. I found this recipe and decided to try it. It turned out very good. I have already "sampled" 2 of them. Can't wait until tomorrow morning.

Blueberry Coconut Muffins

¼ cup sifted Organic Coconut Flour
3 tablespoons Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or butter, melted
3 eggs
3 tablespoons honey (I used ¼ cup stevia powder)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon vanilla
⅛ teaspoon almond extract
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup fresh blueberries


Blend together eggs, butter, honey, salt and vanilla. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and thoroughly mix into batter until there are no lumps. Fold blueberries into batter. Blueberries should be dry. If rinsed, dry them off before adding to batter. Pour batter into greased muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F for 16-18 minutes. Makes 6 muffins.

No comments: