Friday, January 30, 2009

Pamela's Gluten Free Bread Mix & Flour Blend - Update



The plot thickens...... Today when I was making another loaf of bread with the mix I received the other day I noticed that the ingredients on the bag are not what is listed on Amazon.com for this item. So here are the ingredients of the various products for your reference.



Wheat Free Bread Mix

INGREDIENTS: Sorghum Flour, Tapioca Flour, Sweet Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Chicory Root, White Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Honey and Molasses; Rice Bran, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Yeast Packet.

Bread Mix & Flour Blend

AMAZON INGREDIENTS: Tapioca Flour White Rice Flour Organic Evaporated Cane Sugar Brown Rice Flour Sweet Rice Flour Sorghum Flour Xanthan Gum. Yeast Not Included. Sea Salt Rice Bran Molasses & Honey Millet Flour Chicory Root


PACKAGE INGREDIENTS: Sorghum Flour; Tapioca Flour; White Rice Flour; Sweet Rice Flour; Brown Rice Flour; Organic Evaporated Cane Sugar; Chicory Root; Millet Flour; Molasses & Honey; Rice Bran; Sea Salt; Xanthan Gum. Yeast Not Included.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I used to use Pamela's flour but I am now Casein free too--so switched to Jules' Nearly Normal flour. SO happy I did--now I can use my old recipes (1-1 ratio) and there's no aftertaste. mmm Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies back in my life!

stephaniebnd said...

Pamela's doesn't have any casein nor does it require it to bake their products.