Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gluten Free Coconut Oat Waffles


On an impulse I bought a package of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats. What on earth will I do with them? Well today I figured it out. I made some waffles! These were so tasty and a change from the normal spongy waffle. I think these will definitely stick with me today.
Gluten Free Coconut Oatmeal Waffles
1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats (or Oats)
2 cups Warm Water
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs Coconut Oil
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and batter like. Add water if too thick. Spray your waffle iron with oil and cook until golden brown.
Great nutritious comfort food on a cold day....
To your health - Gluten Free!
Stephanie

1 comment:

Pattycake said...

These sound great - oats and coconut go so well together. (Healthy and egg-free too!)