Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Organic Gluten Free Goulash

I went to the grocery store for the first time since New Years Eve. I was armed with a list and came out with just a few items more. I had two items that I could not get on my list so I will have to do that tomorrow. So far I spent $11.75 at CostCo on a bag of Trail Mix and some bananas. Today I bought a few things at Meijer and the total was $39.95. My other purchases will be around $15 so the total for the week will be under $70. We ate from the freezer and cupboards. This also included breakfast and lunches for the kids.





Gluten Free Organic Goulash
1 lb Grass Fed Beef $3.25
1 bag of Trader Joes Organic Penne Pasta $1.99
1/4 Organic Green Pepper .25 cents
1/4 Organic Onion .25 cents
1 Can Amy's Organic Cream of Tomato Soup $2.29
1/2 Bag Organic Meijer Brand Corn $1.15

Total Cost for a meal and some leftovers for lunches $9.18

The kids also had some homemade applesauce. I get the apples from a local orchard for $8 / peck. I can get 4 quarts from one bag. That's only $2 per quart for no sugar organic applesauce.


No comments: