Friday, June 12, 2009

Gluten Free Mocha Cookies


I have been working so hard on making things my children would like and not for myself that I decided it was time to find one for just me. I love coffee and was on the hunt for a mocha recipe. These little *pop in your mouth* cookies are just the ticket.
Gluten Free Mocha Cookies
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 unbeaten egg whites
1 cup almond meal
3 Tbs Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 Tbs Instant Coffee or Espresso granules
pinch of salt
1 tsp Vanilla
Put all the ingredients in your mixer and mix until you have a sticky dough.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Wet your hands and roll the dough into mini balls and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
Bake for 11 minutes. Pull from oven, allow to cool on pan for 2 mins and then place on a cooling rack for the remaining time to cool.
Enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Stephanie

4 comments:

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

Mmm...these cookies sound fantastic! I love mocha flavour too, wish I had some ground almonds at home now! :)

stephaniebnd said...

I always have Almond Meal in the house. I store it in my freezer. I make the Almond Meal bread every week. It is a great way to get protein in the morning or for a snack.

Ownedby2 said...

What instant coffee do you use? Every one I've looked at has gluten in it! I'm going to grind some espresso beans right now!

stephaniebnd said...

Maxwell House. It says 100% Pure Coffee. That's all the ingredients.