Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gluten Free Carrot Zucchini Muffins


It's the time of year for farmer's markets. I went to my first one this weekend and came home with bags of great fruits and veggies. I always over buy. So I need creative ways to use them up. I was thinking of making zucchini muffins but then I began to scour the net and found some carrot and zucchini muffins. I needed to make it not only gluten free but dairy free for my little man. These are really good. I have already polished off 2 while taking pictures. At least I got more veggies in today.


Gluten Free Carrot Zucchini Muffins

2/3 cup sorghum flour
2/3 cup tapioca flour
2/3 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup Agave Nectar
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon celtic salt
1 cup coconut milk
1 large egg
5 tablespoons of coconut ghee (or butter)
1 1/2 cups carrots (I put them in the food processor)
1 cup zucchini, shredded

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tins or use liners. Add all dry ingredients into your mixing bowl. Then add carrots and zucchini. Mix in the rest of the "wet" ingredients and blend on medium for 2 minutes. Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Do not over bake.
Makes about 15 muffins.


Printer Friendly Version

No comments: