Sunday, February 15, 2009

Gluten Free Cheese Bread



Making a good gluten free bread is all about taste and texture. The more I play with flours the more comfortable I become with which blends of how much will result in a good product. It was a comfort food day. I had a roast in the crockpot with onions and mushrooms and some potatoes that were begging to be made into mashed and California blend of veggies in the crisper. The perfect dinner.... almost. I wanted bread. Cheese bread. You can see from the picture that it turned out wonderfully! I made 2 with cheese and dill and 2 without -all in my mini loaf pans.

Gluten Free Cheese Bread

2 Cups White Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Sorghum Flour
1/4 Cup Dried Milk Powder
2 Tbs Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
3 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum

Wet Ingredients
3 Eggs
3 Tbs Oil (I used Olive)
1 3/4 Cup warm water (110 degrees)
1 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Shredded

Mix the dry ingredients together and add the wet to it. Blend in mixer in medium speed for 3 minutes. Place dough in a greased pan and allow to rise for 1/2 hour in a warm place. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 mins.

Enjoy this spongy warm bread with some butter. YUM!

For those who wonder what my mini loaf pans are. I got them from Amazon - Chicago Metallic Professional Mini Loaf Pan (set of 4)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What size bread pan did you use. This looks really good. Nora

stephaniebnd said...

I just added a link to the pans I use. Hope it helps! (look at the bottom of the recipe for this item)