Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Millet Banana Nut French Toast

Today I began to cook in advance. My son has really been struggling with a "foggy" brain and acting hyperactive. He cannot sit in his chair at dinner and the same happens in school. I had planned on migrating my family to GF over the next year but my husband and I decided it is time now. Our doctor will be running a Celaic panel to check for antibodies on him. I wanted this before we went gluten free as you cannot go back and do it after you take it away. We realize that this test isn't always definitive but it is one piece of the puzzle. I found a great website by a pediatric gastroenterologist in NZ http://www.doctorgluten.com/ that helped me to know what to look for and what symptoms are common in kids. I recommend it.

When I return from my trip in 2 weeks the entire family will be going gluten free. I have been for the most part for 2 years so now I just need to adapt it to the family.

BANANA NUT FRENCH TOAST with SAMI'S BAKERY BREAD





So today I made gluten free french toast. I used Sami's Bakery Banana Nut bread.
My recipe is simple:

1 Loaf Sami's Millet & Flax Banana Nut Bread
7 Free Range Eggs
3/4 Cup Raw Milk
1/2 - 1 Tsp Cinnamon

Scramble together. Put the bread in the egg mixture and fry in coconut oil until browned. I then put the french toast in a ziploc freezer bag and just heat up for breakfast.



http://www.samisbakery.com/ - They offer many items that are free of gluten but are not "gluten free" as there can be cross contamination.

Below is the nutrient fact panel so that you can see the ingredients.



If you do not want banana nut then you can get the plain millet & flax bread like the one below. They do ship to your home so you can order online.

No comments: