Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies - Toll House Style

If there is one thing I absolutely loved about making chocolate chip cookies is the batter. I loved to eat the raw dough before cooking them. This is truly one of the simple pleasures in life. But when I started to make the gluten free chocolate chip mixes I found that the batter didn't taste so good. In fact I found that I was tolerating the cookies as well. What's the point I thought so I stopped making them and watched my children eating the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies that I was forbidden to eat.

But now help is on the way for those or you who want your cookies back! I have a recipe for you that is gluten free. In fact it is the Toll House recipe with gluten free flour. ENJOY!








Gluten Free Toll House Cookies


2 1/4 C
GF Flour mixture
1 tsp Aluminum free Baking Soda
1 tsp Xantham Gum
1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1 cup Organic Butter
3/4 cup Organic Sugar
3/4 cup Organic Brown Sugar
1 tsp Gluten Free Vanilla (I use Kirkland from CostCo)
2 Free Range Eggs
3/4 Cup Gluten Free Chocolate Chips



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In the mixer bowl add sea salt, butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs and mix well until blended. Add baking soda and xantham gum and blend. Add gluten free flour mixture and blend until smooth. Finally add the chocolate chips.



Spoon onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Balls should be about 1 tsp sized. I press them down a bit and even the edges to get round cookies. Bake for 14 mins or until cookies are lightly brown around the edges.



In case you don't know what you are looking for in parchment paper. I picked this up in the regular plastic bag / wrap / foil section of my supermarket.


Tips: Parchment paper does not need to be changed with each baking pan. I use two pans and the same paper for all bakings. Also I have found that leaving the eggs and butter out to get room temperature has really helped my cookies to come out better.

Printer Friendly Version

1 comment:

LGT said...

mmm, thanks for posting these recipes for us gluten-free folks