Sunday, January 17, 2010

Montina Gluten Free Flour Blend



I have been seeing this flour and did a little research. It is an ancient grain that the Indians used. It is high in protein and very good for you. So I found it on Amazon.com and decided to try it.

You can find out more at the Amazing Grains website.

I tried the bread recipe on the side of the bag. It is not for the beginning bread baker and it does require a stand mixer. There are several ingredients to the bread too like powdered milk, apple cider vinegar, 3 eggs - that may not be good for allergy bakers. You must mix the contents, let it rise for 1 - 1 1/2 hours and then you put it back in the mixer and blend for 3 minutes and then you let it rise for another hour and then bake for 1 hour. So all together it is 3 1/2 to 4 hour process of mixing, rising, rising and baking.

But was it good? YES!! A lovely dense bread full of flavor. My family finished almost 1/2 of the bread in one evening.

Here are some pictures of my bread. I will be trying the flour in other recipes from the Amazing Grains website. To me it is worth the effort to have some more nutrients in my bread.

(Hint: If you click on the images below you can see the bread up close.)









1 comment:

Sa Goł said...

Wow ... looks very yummy! I wonder if they sell that at Sun Harvest?