Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gluten Free Bean & Teff Bread


I over bought on GarFava bean flour so I was looking for something to make with it. I just got my Teff flour from Amazon.com and it was so wonderful in the last bread I made that I decided to see if I could come up with a new bread "creation". I am so pleased with this bread. Light and fluffy and full of good nutrients from the beans and the teff. I hope you enjoy it too.

Gluten Free Bean & Teff Bread
1 Cup GarFava Bean Flour
3/4 Cup Corn Starch
1 1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
1/4 Cup Teff Flour
4 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
3 Tbs Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
3 Tbs Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Cups Warm Water (110 degrees)
2 1/2 tsp Dry Yeast
Assemble the flour mixture, salt, yeast and Xanthan gum and set aside.
Combine the eggs, apple cider vinegar, water, oil and brown sugar and blend until mixed.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet.
When blended place in a well oiled bread pan and allow to rise in a warm place for 1/2 hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 50 mins. If the crust starts to get too brown before the bread is done, "tent" it with aluminum foil.

No comments: