Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Muffins w/ Cream Cheese Frosting


I was looking for something different to do with my mushy bananas on the counter. Banana bread is getting too familiar and the kids are not excited to eat it. So what could I do with them? So I decided to try a new blend. I have a can of Trader Joe's Pumpkin and 4 mushy bananas. Let's put them together and top them with cream cheese frosting so the kids will be more inclined to try them. I have a problem with them that if it doesn't have chocolate in them they are not interested. When these were done and on the counter - they started begging to have one. After dinner will be the taste test. I tried them and they are Yummy!

In case you are wondering - the big muffins have some raisens in them. Those I will eat.


Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting


1 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 small)
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350°.
In large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
Stir in eggs, mashed bananas, pumpkin, spices, and vanilla until well blended.
Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
Pour batter into lined or greased muffin tins.
Bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.


Here are my mini muffins:


Here are my frosted muffins. They are more appealing to my kids. :)

Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup butter at room temperature (1 stick)
8 oz cream cheese
2-3 cups powdered sugar (or add til the consistency you desire)
1 tsp vanilla
Place all ingredients in the mixer and blend until smooth and creamy.
To your health - Gluten Free!
Stephanie


No comments: